Reservist’s tankard

stoneware/tin, 1911, height: 32.0 cm

The tankard was designed for the reservist Wenk from infantry regiment No. 60, which was stationed in Schwerin and served here from 1909 to 1911.

Reservists‘ tankards were industrially produced mementos for the time of service as a “one-year volunteer.” In smaller numbers they were then illustrated and decorated with images and sayings for individual troop units.

Text: W. Ka./C. RC.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Stiftung Mecklenburg

Stiftung Mecklenburg

Schliemannstaße 2
19053 Schwerin (Eingang zur Ausstellung: Puschkinstraße)

info@stiftungmecklenburg.de

www.stiftung-mecklenburg.de