Model of diesel-electric rail car from the German state railway

 around 1934, length: 110 cm

The carriage factory founded by Podeus in 1893 delivered carriages and rail cars around the world. The business became part of Eisenbahn-Verkehrsmittel AG in 1917 and ceased production in 1944 due to the war. The Wismar businessman Heinrich Podeus (1832 – 1905) had a significant influence on the economy in Mecklenburg. He and his sons promoted industrialisation in Wismar through pioneering work. In his machine works, which were taken over in 1879, cars were sometimes built as well as agricultural machines.

Text: S. S.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Stadtgeschichtliches Museum der Hansestadt Wismar

Stadtgeschichtliches Museum der Hansestadt Wismar

SCHABBELL

Beguinenstraße 4
23966 Wismar

museum@wismar.de

www.schabbellhaus.de