Drum from the Wismar civilian company

David Lembke, 1758, sheet bronze, wood, leather, height: 51.5 cm

The drum belonged to the Wismar tribunal procurator Johann David Lembke (1731-1789) who, as captain, led a regiment in the civilian company. In the 18th century the Wismar citizens who were fit for military service were divided into six to ten civilian companies, who supported the Swedish garrison in providing military defence for Wismar.

Text: S. S.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Stadtgeschichtliches Museum der Hansestadt Wismar

Stadtgeschichtliches Museum der Hansestadt Wismar

SCHABBELL

Beguinenstraße 4
23966 Wismar

museum@wismar.de

www.schabbellhaus.de