Model of the power station from the Curt Heber mechanical works in Neubrandenburg

aluminium, 1936, width: 65 cm

Up until 1933 the inventor Curt Heber developed electrical bomb combustion and devices for targeted bombing. Series production was launched at the end of 1934 in the “Curt Heber works” in Neubrandenburg. The company traded under the name “Mechanische Werkstätten Neubrandenburg” (MWN) from 1937 until the end of the war. Women from the Ravensbrück concentration camp performed slave labour at MWN.

The model for the e-station was created by apprentices from the company and given to the works manager for Christmas in 1936.

Text: R. V.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Regionalmuseum Neubrandenburg

Regionalmuseum Neubrandenburg

Treptower Straße 38
17033 Neubrandenburg

museum@neubrandenburg.de

www.museum-neubrandenburg.de