Otto Olaf Lemke: bust of Otto Lilienthal

terracotta,
1932;
height: 17 cm

The piece was commissioned together with the most famous bronze sculpture, which now stands in front of the Lilienthal School in Berlin. A second cast was mounted in Anklam before the Second World War. The Berlin sculpture was originally located at the foot of 'pilot's hill' in Berlin-Lichterfelde, before it was moved in 1956 to the school that has carried Lilienthal's name since 1938.

Text: B. L.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Otto-Lilienthal-Museum

Otto-Lilienthal-Museum

Ellbogenstra├če 1
17389 Anklam/Vorpommern


info@lilienthal-museum.de

lilienthal-museum.de