Panel belonging to a 'reformer's pulpit'

Barth, St Mary's, wood, at the top a carved half relief of St John,
oil painting on wood,
end of the 16th century; height: 109 cm
(on permanent loan by the Protestant Parish of St Mary's, Barth)

St John the Apostle is seen at the top of the section, and Johannes Block, who donated the work, is named at the bottom.

This panel is found in the 'Reformation' room at the Lower Germany Bible Centre in Barth, together with three others of its kind.

Text: J. P.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Niederdeutsches Bibelzentrum

Niederdeutsches Bibelzentrum

Sundische Straße 52
18356 Barth


Info@Bibelzentrum-Barth.de

www.bibelzentrum-barth.de