Seal stamp of the Anklam surgeons

brass, 1727;
length: 12 cm

Inscription: SIGILL : SURGEON: ANCLAM : POMERANIA : REG: PRUSSIA: *1727. The inscription on the seal indicates that the Anklam surgeons are located in the Prussian province of Pomerania. The district south of the river Peene joins Prussia in 1720. But the northern part remains under Swedish rule.

The surgeons of the 18th century are tradesmen, not trained scientists.

The signet stamp is used to make an impression in wax. This seals correspondence, which can only be opened by breaking the wax. It is also used to authenticate documents. The seal is equivalent to a signature and a clear sign of credibility.

Text: W.H., W.Ka.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Museum im Steintor

Museum im Steintor

Schulstraße 1
17389 Anklam/Vorpommern


info@museum-im-steintor.de

museum-im-steintor.de