Hanukkah candleholder

brass, Germany, first half of the  20. century, height: 14.8 cm, donation from Dr. William Wolff (1927-2020)

The candleholder was owned by the state rabbi William Wolf. Born in 1927 in Berlin he fled with his parents to Amsterdam in 1936 and then to London in 1939 where he worked as a journalist for the Daily Mirror. In 1984 he received the Semikhah (rabbinic ordination).

From 2002 he worked in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. He took the candleholder to London with him. In 2012 he gave it to the Jewish synagogue in Hagenow.

more

Text: H. G.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Museum der Stadt Hagenow

Museum der Stadt Hagenow

Lange Straße 79
19230 Hagenow

museum@hagenow.de

www.museum-hagenow.de