Model of school complex in Göldenitz (scale 1:25)

1878/80, width: 110 cm

After the fire in the former school building the domanial village of Göldenitz was given a new village school made of red bricks. The functional building was divided into a school and an apartment for the teachers. As well as the school building the grounds also contained farm buildings, such as a barn and bee hives, and a teaching garden. Some of the associated farmland and pastures were next to the garden but other parts were between ¼ and ½ an hour away from the farmsteads. The teacher was therefore “self-sufficient.” Almost all of the rural schools in Mecklenburg were “single class schools.” Each class could have up to 80 children.

Text: S. Ka.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Landschulmuseum Göldenitz

Landschulmuseum Göldenitz

AFW Arbeitsförderungs- und Fortbildungswerk GmbH
Am See 7
18196 Göldenitz