"Dabrunz" plot of land symbol

Land reform 1945, length: 50 cm

Agricultural areas were newly divided under the Land Reform from 1945: farmland, meadows and pastures, wooded areas or fish ponds. The measurements were used to identify plots of land and lots were drawn to determine which lots would be transferred to the new users. This was documented on “land reform certificates”, which acted as evidence of ownership. The plots of land were primarily assigned to farmers with no or little land and newly settled families of evacuees, as in this case the family of Walter Dabrunz from Stolp/Pomerania, who moved to Groß Flöte near Wismar.

Text: F. H.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania

Look here for the original exhibit:

Kreisagrarmuseum Dorf Mecklenburg

Kreisagrarmuseum Dorf Mecklenburg

Rambower Weg
23972 Dorf Mecklenburg

agrarmuseum@nordwestmecklenburg.de

www.nordwestmecklenburg.de