Output ring of an A4 rocket ("V2") with two thrusters

Aluminium, iron, 1942 – 1944,
height: 61 cm (with frame), width: 106 cm, depth: 70 cm

The rocket is mainly controlled by four movable graphite rudders, which project into the gas jet of the engine. During the firing time, it is thus possible to control the rocket independently of the density of the atmosphere. Each rudder is driven by an electro-hydraulic steering machine (servomotor) whose impulse is generated by the mixing device (analogue computer by Helmut Hölzer).

The fragmented output ring is screwed onto a steel frame for exhibition purposes.

Text: T. K.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Im Kraftwerk
17449 Peenemünde


HTM@peenemuende.de

www.museum-peenemuende.de