Nail Cross by Coventry - Coventry Community of Cross of Nails

Eisen, Holz, 2002

After the destruction of the cathedral of Coventry (Great Britain) by German bombs on 14 and 15 November 1940, the then provost of the cathedral, Richard Howard, has three large carpenter's nails from the roof truss of the destroyed cathedral, which were recovered from the ruins, put together to form a cross. He also has the words "FATHER FORGIVE" carved into the wall behind the altar of the ruin. Since then, the nail cross has mainly been handed over to church congregations to strengthen them in their reconciliation and peace work. As an external sign of solidarity, each Community of the Cross of Nails receives a cross made of three nails from Coventry, which is modelled on the original cross.

The Peenemünde Historical and Technical Museum – as an international meeting place and cultural centre for peace-building activities – receives the Coventry Cross of Nails in 2002.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Im Kraftwerk
17449 Peenemünde


HTM@peenemuende.de

www.museum-peenemuende.de