Entrance sign to the development works in the army research facility in Peenemünde ('West Plant')

embossed aluminium with stud mount, yellow paint, 1943;
height: 4.8 cm
Donated by Ms Monica Spicker (USA)

The complex belonging to the Versuchsstellen Peenemünde (army research facility Peenemünde) is divided into restricted zones. Each zone has its own signage in various forms and colours, as well as ID cards. Only a few high-ranking employees are entitled to access all areas.

The sign with the inscription HOME ARTILLERY PARK KARLSHAGEN 2060 EW belonged to the Peenemünde engineer Dr Hellmut Schmid, who emigrated to the USA with Wernher von Braun after the war.

Text: T. K.

The exhibit refers to:

Western Pomerania until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde

Im Kraftwerk
17449 Peenemünde


HTM@peenemuende.de

www.museum-peenemuende.de