Convent order “pour la vertu” (for virtue) for the ladies of Ribnitz convent

after 1853, width: 5.4 cm

The convent order as a symbol of affiliation for the ladies of Ribnitz convent was founded in 1763 by the royal house. In 1853 Grand Duchess Auguste also dedicated this symbol of distinction to the countless newly arrived convent ladies, women who could already receive elevation from the convent. The cross is a rare example for external civic convent ladies. The “A” stands for the high benefactress of the order, Grand Duchess Auguste of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

Text: A. A.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum Ribnitz-Damgarten

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum Ribnitz-Damgarten

Im Kloster 1-2
18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

verwaltung@deutsches-bernsteinmuseum.de

www.deutsches-bernsteinmuseum.de