Chalice from St. Mary’s Church in Ribnitz

gilded silver, Rostock 1570, height: 26 cm

The chalice was a gift from the last abbess of the Poor Clare Convent in Ribnitz, Duchess Ursula of Mecklenburg (1510-1586), to the town church in Ribnitz in 1570. The convent had patronage over St. Mary’s Church. The abbess thus ensured that she would remain in lasting remembrance.

(Permanent loan from St. Mary’s Church in Ribnitz)


Text: A. A.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum Ribnitz-Damgarten

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum Ribnitz-Damgarten

Im Kloster 1-2
18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

verwaltung@deutsches-bernsteinmuseum.de

www.deutsches-bernsteinmuseum.de