Model of a windmill

1922-1925 by Albert Gierke from Prenzlau, coniferous wood, height: 73 cm

At the age of 14 Albert Gierke began to build the mill without mechanical assistance. He even inserted all of the machines, units and devices inside the mill. These included a milling gear with two millstones, a sharpening gear with a trieur for cleaning the grist, a transparent cylinder for flour production, two sack hoists, a screw conveyor and bagging channels. The press (band brake) above the large cog on the main shaft of the wing cross was used to stop and set the mill. The sails have spring tension shutters and on the ends there are soffits (doors) that had to be removed during stormy weather.

The original mill worked until 1938. There are now only four windmills left in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.

Text: R. St.

The exhibit refers to:

Mecklenburg until 1945

Look here for the original exhibit:

Mühlenmuseum Woldegk

Mühlenmuseum Woldegk

Mühlendamm
17348 Woldegk

www.windmuehlenstadt-woldegk.de/muehlenmuseum-woldegk/